THE PAIRS EVENT
The pairs event will be made up of mixed sex pairs. A series of inclusive workouts will be undertaken by each pair to establish the Suffolk Games Champions.
DATE & VENUE
Info coming soon
WORKOUT DETAILS COMING SOON
TYRE FLIP & SHUTTLE RELAY
Athlete 1 has 90 seconds to perform as many tyre flips as possible. On 90 seconds, athlete 2 will then have 90 seconds to perform as many tyre flips as possible. A successful rep will be one full flip of the tyre and it being in a static state on the floor ( Judge will call “rep” ).
Athletes then have 1 minute to return the tyre back to their start zone. Once this minute is up, athletes have 2 minutes to perform as many alternate shuttle runs as possible. 1 successful rep will be a return to their start zone within the time cap.
Once this 2 minutes is up, athletes will repeat this process.
- 90 sec tyre flip
- 90sec tyre flip
- 1 minute rest
- 2 minute shuttle runs
SCORES = The total number of tyre flips completed by each athlete combined with the total number of COMPLETED shuttles. 1 rep for a shuttle is getting back to the start mat within the time cap.
- Only 1 Athlete may flip the tyre at once
- The tyre must be under control and within the lane before the next rep can be attempted
- Part of the tyre must be in the End Zone mat before it can be flipped back toward the Start Zone
- Athletes must put at least 1 foot in the end zone before coming back from the shuttle run
- The resting Athlete must have 1 hand on the tyre while the other is running
- There must be a clear ” tag ” when the shuttles change over
- A shuttle rep will only be counted on completion of reaching the End Zone and returning to the start zone. If the shuttle is not completed fully within the time cap, it will not be added to the final score
3/6/9 reps on EACH movement
Each pair of athletes will have 70kg between them, made up of 1x 15kg bar, 1x 20kg bar, 2x10kg plates , 2x5kg plates , 2x 2.5kg plates. Athletes can divide the weight between them however they wish but ALL weight must be used.
When the weight has been distributed and placed on the bars, once the workout has started the weight on the bars cannot be changed.
Athletes will work through the rep scheme on each exercise alternatively e.g Athlete 1 competes 3 reps , Athlete 2 completes 3 reps , Athlete 1 completes 6 reps , Athlete 2 completes 6 reps.
Once the reps are complete, Athletes will move into the next ” zone ” ( which will be marked ) to perform the next movement. This workout is for time and scores will be the time it takes to successfully complete all reps both ascending up through the movements , then back down.
SCORES = The time in which it takes both athletes to complete each exercise for the designated reps. The fastest times will be scored lowest.
- Each athlete must ensure the hip crease is below the knee at the bottom of the squat
- Hips must be fully extended at the top of the movement before attempting the next reps
- Athletes can clean into their first front squat rep , as long as the hips break below parallel and they fully extend at the top
Shoulders To Overhead
- The bar must start under control on the athletes shoulders
- Any method of pressing overhead can be used ( strict , push press, push jerk , split jerk )
- The bar must finish with the elbows and shoulders extended overhead before the next rep can be attempted.
- The hips must be fully extended at the top of the rep before then next one can be attempted.
- Athletes must begin with the hips fully extended and the arms straight.
- The bar can be pulled from anywhere between the knee and hip
- Both elbows must be in front of the bar once it has been caught at the shoulders
- Once the bar has been caught , the athlete must show they have it under control and extend the hips. This will be counted as a rep by the judge
Over Bar Burpees
- Athlete must start from a standing position with both feet on the floor and the hips extended
- The chest must make contact with the floor at the bottom of the rep
- The athlete must come out of the Burpee and jump over the bar with both feet together ( no single leg hops )
- Once both feet have made contact with the floor , a rep will be called by the judge
- If only one foot is on contact with the floor as the athlete goes down into the next rep , a ” No Rep ” will be called by the judge
THE BAR DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PUT DOWN AFTER EACH REP SCHEME. AS LONG AS ONLY 1 ATHLETE IS WORKING AT A TIME AND THE REPS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED , ATHLETES CAN HOLD ON TO THE BAR.
5 ROUNDS – 10 ALTERNATING DUMBBELL SNATCHES & PROWLER PUSH, DRAG BACK
Working one at a time, athletes will perform 10 alternating Dumbell snatches. They will then push the prowler to the end zone ( which will be marked ). They must then drag it back using the attached harnesses, to their start zone. The athletes must them adjust the weight of the prowler between them. The prowler weight will be presented in the briefing.
Once this is complete, Athlete 2 must perform the same reps and movements with the prowler. The workout is finished once each athlete has completed 5 rounds each.
SCORES = The time it took to complete the workout.
WEIGHTS: Male Dumbbell 22kg & Prowler 75kg / Female Dumbbell 14kg & Prowler 50kg
- The dumbbell will begin on the floor for each rep
- The shoulder , elbow and hips must be extended , with the dumbbell under control and above the shoulder , before the next rep can be attempted
- Athletes must ALTERNATE arms each rep
- The whole of the prowler must be behind the Start Zone line before it can be pushed
- The whole of the Prowler must be in the End Zone before it can be pushed back
- The prowler can not be turned around at any point ( high bar push , drag back)
- Athletes must adjust the weight after each push. A 25kg plate will be taken off for the female push then added back on for the male push
12 MINUTE AMRAP
- 20 KB swings – male 24/ female 16
- 20 power bag ground over shoulder -,male 40/ female 25
- 20 box step overs ( with the power bag )
Athletes have 12 minutes to complete as many rounds as possible of the above. Only one athlete may work at a time with the programmed weight. Reps can be divided between the athletes however they would like but all reps (20) must be complete before they move to the next exercise. Once all box step overs are complete, athletes will return to the KBs and continue through the same rep scheme until the 12 mins is up.
This workout is scored for total rounds and reps
- KB swings will be full ( American ) swings with a successful rep being called once the athlete has the knees, hips and elbows fully extended with the biceps level or slightly behind the ears.
- a successful rep for the power bag ground over shoulder must start with the power bag on the floor and finish once it has passed over the athletes shoulder and made full contact with the floor. Full knee and hip extension does not need to be shown but the bag must pass clearly over the shoulder. Athlete 2 May not pick up their bag until the bag of Athlete 1 is in full contact with the floor and their hands are not in contact with it.
- a successful rep for the box walk over must start with the athlete having both feet on the floor. Athletes may step or jump ( though we advise against this! ) onto the box. Once on the box, both feet must make contact and the athlete MUST fully extend both the knees and the hips ( just as you would do with a box jump ) before stepping down. Once both feet have made contact with the other side of the box, Athlete 1 can continue into the next rep or Athlete 2 can begin their reps.
Athletes can work at opposite ends of the box however they must clearly step straight over e.g Athlete 1 can step over width ways, Athlete 2 can step over length ways. In either method, full knee and hip extension must be demonstrated.